I’m Jennifer, the personal finance geek-in-chief behind Fortuna Money.
I can help you learn better money management skills, eliminate debt, save smarter, improve your credit score, and build wealth. I worked as a financial investigator for almost five years at one of America’s biggest banks, and I am a pro at making sense of people’s financial lives. I’m also an Air Force veteran, a wife (married to my not-so-silent partner in this venture, an erstwhile pilot who you may see around here as Mr. Fortuna), and a mom to two adorable kids and one astonishingly friendly Shiba Inu.
What we do
We provide compassionate, smart support for your money goals. We create free resources to help make financial education more accessible and less mysterious. But we also know it’s not always easy to apply big-picture knowledge to an individual situation. That’s where our hands-on client work comes in. I’m here to meet you where you are, today, with the guidance and support that can help you put smart money advice into action.
If you want to get control of your money, build wealth, and live your best financially-empowered life, you’ve come to the right place. When we work together, I will:
- Work with you to consolidate all the facets of your financial life into one organized place
- Assist you in developing a realistic spending plan that supports your individual needs and goals
- Help you identify your “market value” and find ways to grow your income
- Teach you the pros, cons, and pitfalls of various consumer finance products
- Empower you to take action on investing, building wealth, asking for raises, and meeting your financial goals
Why we do it
We paid off all our debt (including our house!), built a full emergency fund, and are saving for retirement and kids’ college – and along the way, we learned a lot. Our friends started asking us for advice, and we realized we loved helping other people figure out how to win with money.
Before we got our financial life together, we made plenty of money mistakes, so there’s no judgment – just compassionate, knowledgeable support. I want you to have what we have: financial empowerment and the freedom to make choices aligned with your values instead of your billing cycles.